DPO – District Parents’ Organization
WHAT: District-wide Parents’ Organization is committed to facilitating and enhancing communication and education throughout the Iowa City Community School District, as well as advocating for students in our community.
WHO: Open to all residents in the ICCSD. Each district building has two voting members of DPO: the PTO President and an appointed DPO Representative.
WHEN: Meetings are the second Wednesday of the month, September-May at 11:45 a.m. Meetings include a light lunch starting at 11:30 a.m.
WHERE: Locations vary—Meetings usually rotate among the schools and ESC (Educational Services Center). This provides a great opportunity to see the schools throughout our district.
WHY: You are encouraged to attend any and all DPO meetings for the following reasons:
- Find out what is happening in our district directly from the ICCSD leaders.
- Represents the parental view on various committees and boards.
- Supports and encourages active participation in each school’s parent organization.
- Offers interesting program topics, which vary at each meeting.
- Provides a forum for sharing information, networking, and exchanging ideas on local, state and national legislative issues.
- Sponsors informative events about issues that impact education, including School Board Candidates Forum, etc.
- Sponsors district wide programs that promote safety, such as the MADD Red Ribbon Campaign.
- Sponsors events that promote excellence in education, such as The DPO Education Scholarship and Recognition Reception (in memory of Kate Wickham, a district teacher) which recognizes students, faculty and parent/community volunteers.
Please plan to attend a meeting or two this year if you can
For a complete schedule, please visit the website http://www.edline.net/pages/ICCSD/parents/District_Parents_Organization.