It is the mission of the Horn Parent and Teacher Organization (PTO) to:
- Improve communication between parents, school and community
- Provide a means for parents to better understand the type of education their children receive at Horn Elementary School
- Encourage parental involvement in the Horn environment
- Seek to provide services according to the needs of parents, teachers, children and the community
- Coordinate the fundraising events in order to purchase various building and classroom needs, which are not funded by the Iowa City Community School District (ICCSD)
Members of the Horn PTO consist of any parent or guardian of a student attending Ernest Horn Elementary School and the Horn School staff members. An executive board consisting of two of each: presidents, vice presidents, secretaries, treasurers and volunteer coordinators are elected each spring for the following academic year.
PTO meetings will take place the first Tuesday of each month in the Horn Media Center from 6:30-8:00pm. All are welcome. Please bring an activity to entertain smaller children. Being part of the PTO is not just beneficial to our students and teachers—it’s also a great way to meet other parents and have fun!